We are finally ready to reveal our HCG results. As some people may have guessed, the HCG blood tests showed the FET did work. I was pregnant, and anxiously awaiting my 6 week ultrasound that would show how many babies we were expecting. During the ultrasound we got some bad news. Dr. Amols couldn’t find a gestational sac or any embryos anywhere. He expressed his concerns over an ectopic pregnancy or early miscarriage and wanted to run my HCG again and then see me in 2 days for another ultrasound and HCG test. Needless to say it wasn’t the best Valentines Day gift. Thursday comes and the ultrasound showed 2 gestational sacs in the right fallopian tube. To say we were devestated was an understatement. Dr. Amols said that not only was there a less than 1% chance of an ectopic with the FET, but he had actually never even heard of a twin ectopic. I was scheduled to go in the next day for a shot that would end the pregnancy and allow me to miscarry so the tube didn’t rupture. Dr. Amols stressed that if I were to feel severe pain at all to get to the emergency room as there would be a greater risk of tubal rupture with 2 growing in it. Things never get to go as planned. On Thursday night as I was getting ready for bed I had sudden, horrible, stabbing pain in my lower abdomen that had me bent over and in tears. I called my dear friend K to come and get me and take me to the ER. Matthew met us there and after tests and an ultrasound it was determined that the tube hadn’t burst, thankfully, but because of the pain I was in Dr. Amols recommended surgery to remove the entire fallopian tube to ensure I don’t get a tubal pregnancy on that side again. After one ectopic pregnancy you are actually at a higher risk for another and as our fertility is already pretty much 0 removing the tube wouldn’t hurt it much anyway. The surgery was done on Friday at around 10am by the hospital’s resident obstetric surgeon and was a success, as much as losing a pregnancy can be. They opened the tube after removing it and did find both embryos inside so we know I am no longer at risk of an ectopic pregnancy. I spoke with Dr. Amols after the surgery and after reassuring him I was ok he said we would have to wait until my HCG levels were at 0 again, which can take up to 6 weeks. I’m out of the game for a little while then, but we still have our last 2 snowflakes so we are not out completely.
We want to thank everyone for their support and prayers and ask for more prayers for my quick healing and that when we can do another transfer we are in a place emotionally where we can do so. We know God has a plan for us, even though we may not understand it and question Him. And knowing He has a plan for us makes me confident about going forward and trusting Him, though sometimes a text message would be nice, too 😉