As I document our journey of fertility struggles and treatments I will probably use a variety of abbreviations that may be new or odd. This is what I mean:
- TTC-Trying To Conceive
- RE-Reproductive Endocrinologist a.k.a fertility specialist
- DH-Dear Husband
- DS-Dear Son
- DD-Dear Daughter
- MIL-Mother In Law
- SIL-Sister In Law
- BFP-Big Fat Positive (positive pregnancy test)
- BFN-Big Fat Negative (negative pregnancy test)
- IVF-In Vitro Fertilization, a fertility treatment that using sperm and an egg to create an embryo that is then implanted into the uterus
- IUI- Intrauterine Insemination (commonly called artificial insemination)
- PGS or CCS-Pre Genetic Screening or Comprehensive Chromosome Screening, checking the baby for possible chromosomal abnormalities before conception
- PCOS-Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. A syndrome characterized by high testosterone, irregular cycles, and polycystic ovaries (multiple cysts lining the ovaries)
- HSG-Hysterosalpingography, this is a series of x-rays with a contrast dye to see if my Fallopian tubes are blocked.
- MFM-Maternal Fetal Medicine, this refers to a doctor who specializes in high risk pregnancies. Their ultrasound equipment is more precise than a normal OB and their techs tend to be better trained.